CIB activity at UCLG World Summit
The CIB working group secretariat will actively participate in the UCLG World Summit of Local and Regional Leaders in Rabat, 1-4 October 2013.
Our agenda will consist of the following activities:
- Participation in the UCLG Committee on Development Cooperation and City Diplomacy Committee (October 1st, 11.00-12.30 in Hotel Sofitel, Royale 2) to present the progress in the implementation of the action plan of the UCLG Policy Paper on Development Cooperation and City Diplomacy. Please click here to access the agenda.
- The Global Peace Prize for Local Governments and the report of a feasibility study on a Disaster Response Facility will be presented in the Executive Bureau on October 2nd, from 11.00 to 13.00 in Hotel Sofitel, Royale.
- A lunch with the proposed UCLG Champions for Development Cooperation that represent the various UCLG regions and that will lobby for the key messages of the UCLG Policy Paper on Development Cooperation.
- The organization, together with UN DESA and UNDP of a parallel session on development and decentralized cooperation, on Thursday October 3rd, from 11:00 to 12:30 in ISESCO, Salle A. Saoud: see the flyer. The session will showcase examples of development cooperation and will highlight the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for local government development cooperation.
- On the same day in the afternoon (16.00 – 17.30, Sofitel - Chapiteau) we will co-organize a session on the dyanmics of change in the Mediterranean region, in which representatives from Tunisia, Libya, Morocco, Lebanon and Palestine participate and will discuss the need for cooperation to meet the urgent needs of local authorities in the Arab world.
- We will report to the General Assembly of UCLG on October 3rd between 18.00 and 19.30 on the progress of our work between 2010 and 2013 and will present our main priorities for the upcoming period. The report and work plan are available here.
The programme of the World Summit can be accessed at www.rabat2013.uclg.org.
Should you wish to receive any further information on these activities, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Rabat!
Source: UCLG-CIB web